Problem: The speed doesn’t seem fast enough.
Run a speed test
- Connect an Ethernet cable directly from your modem to your computer (testing with Wi-Fi can significantly impact your results).
- Click Here, then click “Begin Test” in the box that appears at the top of your screen.
- We recommend that you run the text several times, at different times of day for an accurate sampling.
- Please let us know if your download speed does not reflect the tier of service to which you subscribed.
What could adversely affect my test results?
- Run the speed test over a wired connection directly to your modem. Performance over a Wi-Fi network is greatly impacted by a number of things not within Pioneer’s control. Try connecting directly to the modem before running your speed test.
- Multiple devices on the same connection in your household could affect the reading. Try to run the test at a time when the only running device is the computer you are using to run the test.
- Run the speed test at different times of day. If you test during the hours with the highest network traffic, there is no way to guarantee your speed unless you subscribe to a dedicated connection.
- What is the age of your computer? Just like all technology, computers and equipment advance at a rapid pace. It is possible that if you use an older computer, it will be unable to fully utilize the speeds delivered over your internet connection.
- Make sure all programs are closed on your computer before running the test. If any programs were running when you ran the first test, shut down all programs and run the speed test again to see if it affects your results.
- Re-start your device to ensure an accurate reading. Try to run the speed test right after re-starting your computer, or check your Task Manager to shut down any active processes before running the test.
- If you have a firewall installed on your computer, it could affect the reading. Close down your firewall temporarily while you run the speed test and turn it back on when you finish.
- Virus and malware could also impede your computer from running at full speed. Be sure that you keep your computer protected from these malicious programs by installing virus and malware protection.
Pioneer provisions our modems and engineers our network to provide our customers the speed to which they subscribe. However, we cannot guarantee that you will achieve those speeds at all times, which is why the service is advertised as “up to” a specific level.
If you have run the speed test and are not completely satisfied with the results, please let us know so that we can ensure your service is properly provisioned and working correctly. Call us at 1-800-308-7536.