My TV Picture is Not Clear – Tiling, Static, Etc.
Problem: TV Picture is Not Clear – tiling, static, etc.
Cable Connection may be Loose or Damaged:
- 1. Check for loose or damaged Connections to your Cable Box
- 2. Loose or damaged wires and cables can ruin your viewing experience. Check for loose connections using the steps below.
- 3. Avoid tools for tightening your cables. Finger-tightening is enough to join signal connectors. Pliers and other tools can damage fragile connections.
- 4. Finger tighten any screwed in connections to the back of your cable box.
- 5. Tighten other loose cables by firmly pushing the connections completely into the port.
- 6. Verify that power is firmly connected both into the TV, Set-Top Box and wall or power strip.
- 7. Verify that the cable is not damaged.
If these connections are all in good repair and firmly connected you can re-set your cable connection with the following steps
- 1. Resetting the connection may take up to 15 minutes
- 2. You cannot record on your DVR during this reset. Any pre-scheduled recordings will fail during this time.
- 3. You will not be able to watch television while the reset is occurring.
- 4. Before resetting the connection, please make sure to check for loose or damaged connections by following the steps above.
- 5. To power cycle your set-top box, unplug the power from the back of the box. Wait 15 seconds, then plug it back in. The box will re-set once power is restored.