I hear all this talk about WatchTVEverywhere but I have no idea what it is. Can you tell me more about it?
WatchTVEverywhere is a service that streams full episodes of current TV shows, including some live programming, to devices such as tablets, smartphones, laptops, and PCs. This is a free service for Pioneer Communications Cable subscribers and allows you to watch some of your favorite shows everywhere you can access the Internet – home, airport, hotel, beachside, you name it!
What does having WatchTVEverywhere mean for me, as a Pioneer Cable customer?
Say you’re in the car waiting for someone to finish up shopping. You’re more than tired of listening to the radio and you find yourself thinking “Wasn’t this supposed to be a quick trip?” A lightbulb goes off: You have your smartphone — you can watch TV! Simply navigate to watchtveverywhere.com and enjoy! Just keep in mind that while the WatchTVEverywhere service is free, the data you are using on your smartphone might not be. Streaming TV shows online uses a lot of data. To avoid costly overage charges, make sure you check your cell phone’s data usage plan before continuing.
Or perhaps you’re at home and your family member is hogging the TV. You want to watch something else, but don’t want to start an argument. What to do? Connect your ipad to Pioneer Communications Internet and Watch TV Everywhere!
How does it work?
When you register for WatchTVEverywhere, you’ll set a username (email address) and password. Then you have several ways you can access the service:
- Go to watchtveverywhere.com on an Internet browser. Sign in and click on the logo of the network you want to watch. This will direct you to the network’s page to watch their programming.
- Go directly to the network’s webpage on an Internet browser to watch. (You will need to sign in with your WatchTVEverywhere username and password on their webpage.)
- Use the network’s app to watch their programming. Simply go to the app store for your device and download apps for the networks you want to watch. When you open the app, select “Pioneer Communications” as your TV provider. This will take you to a login screen. Enter your WatchTVEverywhere username and password. Once you’re logged in, you can watch TV!
Keep in mind these helpful hints:
- Register online before you plan to use the service.
- If you plan to watch TV from a smartphone or tablet, download each network’s “watch” app after you’ve registered. This will allow you fast access to viewing the network once you’re ready to watch TV.
- The ability to access WatchTVEverywhere is free with your TV package; however, if you are access the service on a smartphone the data/Internet connection you will be using may not be. Try to connect to Wi-Fi to save your data plan. You may experience some buffering with a public Wi-Fi connection but it’s better than an enormous cell phone bill due to data overage charges.