Pioneer Communications is committed to respecting the privacy of our customers and members. We strive to provide a safe and secure customer experience. Telephone account information is referred to by the FCC as Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI). Under Federal law, Pioneer Communications has a duty to protect the confidentiality of your telecommunications service information.
Pioneer Communications provides service to you. In doing so, we may collect certain information that is made available to us solely by virtue of our relationship with you, such as details regarding the telecommunications services you purchase, including the type, destination, technical configuration, location and amount of use of such services. This information and related billing information is known as Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI). Pioneer Communications has a long–standing policy of guarding personal customer information, and the Federal Communications Commission and other regulators require Pioneer Communications to protect your CPNI.
In order to better serve your communications needs and to identify, offer and provide products and services to meet your requirements, we need your permission to use your contact information in order to communicate regarding updates that relate to your telephone service or products or services related to your telephone service. The protection of your information is important to us, and we acknowledge that you have a right, and we have a duty, under federal and state law, to protect the confidentiality of your CPNI.
We value our relationship with you and would like to be able to occasionally make you aware of new products and services that improve your experience. If you would rather not hear from us, please check the box and return this letter to a Pioneer Communications office. You may still receive the occasional newsletter or postcard from us but you will not receive any targeted communication based on your CPNI. If at any time you have questions or concerns about this privacy statement or believe that we have not adhered to this privacy statement, please feel free to call us 800.308.7536 and speak to one of our representatives.
What Information do we Collect?
We may collect different types of personal and other information based on your use of our products and services and our business relationship with you.
Some examples include:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, including your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- Billing information related to your financial relationship with us, including your payment data, credit history, credit card number, social security numbers, security codes, and service history.
- Equipment, performance, usage, and other technical Information about your use of our network, services, or products.
How do we Collect information?
- You give it to us when you purchase or interact with us about a product or service we offer or provide.
- We collect it automatically when you use our products and services.
- We obtain it from other sources, such as credit agencies.
How do we use it?
We may use the information we collect in a variety of ways, including to:
- Provide you with the best customer experience possible.
- Provide the services you purchase, and to respond to your questions.
- Communicate with you regarding service updates, offers, and promotions.
- Deliver customized content and advertising that may be of interest to you.
- Address network integrity and security issues.
- Investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, violations of our terms of service or acceptable use policies.
- Provide local directory and directory assistance.
How do we safeguard your information?
We do not sell your personal information to anyone for any purpose. Period. We maintain information about you in our business records while you are a customer, or until it is no longer needed for business, tax, or legal purposes. We have implemented encryption or other appropriate security controls to protect personal information when stored or transmitted by Pioneer Communications. We require non-Pioneer Communications companies acting on our behalf to protect any personal information they may receive in a manner consistent with this policy. We do not allow them to use such information for any other purpose.