Pioneer Local Phone Service
Pioneer Communications provides you with rich features — all included in our Basic Local Phone Service package. You’ll get:
- Voice Mail
- Caller ID / Call Waiting Caller ID*
- Call Waiting
- Call Forwarding
- 3-Way Calling
- 8-List Speed Dial
* Customers must have phones capable of displaying Calling Number/Calling Number Waiting Caller ID to use this feature. A display showing the Calling Name/Calling Name Waiting Caller ID is available for an additional charge.
A landline phone is more reliable than a cell phone in the event of an emergency. When there’s a natural disaster, cell phone towers are quickly congested with calls to family and emergency services. Landline phones do not rely solely on such towers for calls to get through. In addition, should the need ever arise for a child to call 911, it’s much easier for him or her to do so with a landline phone than with a cell phone that might require swiping, pushing, or unlocking of buttons before dialing.
Lifeline is a government program established to make monthly telephone service more affordable for qualifying households.
- Pioneer provides a discount of up to $17.02 per month for each qualifying household under the Lifeline program. Pioneer is proud to offer the Lifeline discount on all of its voice service offerings, including any bundles. A customer’s household is eligible for the Lifeline Program discount if that customer’s annual household income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines, or if the customer, a dependent, or the customer’s household participates in one or more Kansas Eligibility Programs (click here to view programs).
- Eligible households may only have Lifeline on one wireless telephone or one landline telephone, not both.
- Lifeline customers may not transfer their Lifeline discount to another person even if the other person is eligible. Please see info here.
- To view more information on Kansas Lifeline Program and to apply, please go here.
Advanced Calling Services
Want to screen calls more effectively? We offer advanced calling services for an additional fee. You can select the features you want, bundle and save.
- Repeat Dialing
- Call Return
- Caller ID Blocking
- Unidentified Call Rejection
- Priority Ringing
- Preferred Call Forwarding
- Remote Activation Call Forwarding
- Call Screening
- Special Call Acceptance
- Do Not Disturb Telemarketing
- Caller ID Name/Call Waiting Name & Number
- Toll Restriction/PIN
- Call Trace
Custom Calling Services
Want personalized call transfer and holding? Our custom calling features give you total control over your phone. You can select the features you want, bundle and save.
- Call Hold
- Call Forwarding Busy Line
- Call Forwarding No Answer
- Call Transfer
- Cancel Call Waiting
- Do Not Disturb
- Voice/Data Protection
- Toll/Code Restriction
- Direct Connect Service
- Automatic Wake-Up Service
- 30-List Speed Dial
- Distinctive Ringing
- Teen Line
The Kansas Telecommunications Access Program (TAP) provides qualifying residents with free phones designed for accessibility. If you have phone service already, meet the income criteria and have accessibility need(s), you may qualify. TAP is administered through KU – Assistive Technology for Kansans. To view more information on the TAP Program and to apply, please go here.
Regional Phone Service
Build on your Basic Local Phone Service with one of our three Advantage phone packages. Each comes with a set amount of toll-free calling within our expanded regional calling area. Our expanded regional calling area covers 17 counties and more than 50 cities. Enjoy the ease and simplicity of 7-digit dialing to all areas within our expanded regional calling area.
*Calls made each month within the expanded regional calling area that are in excess of the allotted number of minutes will be billed at the affordable rate of $0.08 per minute.
Pioneer Long Distance
We offer affordable, flat-rate pricing to keep things simple – no matter where in the world you call. Our long-distance flat rate is 8.9 cents per minute.
- Rate applies all day long and on weekends – no “peak time” rate increases
- Same rate for intrastate and interstate calls
- No minimum monthly fee — you pay only for the long distance calls you make
- After the initial 18 second billing time segment, toll time usage rounds up to the nearest 6-second increment, not up to the next minute
Switch to Pioneer Long Distance at any time for free.
We also offer 800 Numbers and Account Codes to help you stay in touch, no matter where you are.