- Updating Mail Software Settings
- We’re Moving To A New Webmail Platform
- DeGoogle Mail Client Settings for Pioneer – pld.com
- Quick Settings for Pioneer – pld.com
Dear Valued Internet Customer,
Pioneer Communications is preparing for a migration of your email service away from Google Apps to a new email platform. This migration will occur on March 23, 2015.
To make it a smooth conversion for you, please take note of the following:
• We will be migrating webmail contacts as they appear on Friday, March 20, 2015. Changes made to your contacts in Google after Friday, March 20, 2015 may not be captured in the new platform.
• You may continue to send and receive email as usual during this time.
• If you are using the latest pld.com email settings which we’ve been communicating for the last few weeks, clients (Outlook, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, etc.) will work throughout the migration.
• If you have used your Pioneer Communications Google account for more than just Email and Contacts, you can download a copy of your data from Google through their Takeout service. While logged into webmail, go to Google Takeout and ‘Create Archive’: https://www.google.com/settings/takeout/custom
We are targeting the Week of March 23rd for the migration to the new system. However, minor service delays may be experienced during this time and the migration of older email may take longer to complete.
After the migration, you can access your Webmail services by logging in to the App Portal at: http://apps.pld.com with your current email address and password.
If you have questions in the meantime, please call 620-356-4638.
Pioneer Communications has recently been notified by Google that they are discontinuing the ISP version of their Google Mail Platform. As a result, Pioneer Communications will be updating our email and webmail system in the coming weeks to a new platform. This new system features an easy-to-use interface, improved privacy, as well as enhanced security. We are working to ensure a smooth transition as you move from the old system to the new one. As the transition occurs, you should know that:
- Emails sent to you will not be lost while we move services.
- All of your current webmail will be moved to your new mailbox. This does not include mail that you have on your local mail clients, such as Outlook, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Outlook Express, etc.
- Your webmail contacts will be automatically moved to the new email system. We cannot promise that any contacts or folders that you have on your local clients will stay. We suggest that you make backups of your local email and contacts.
- We are ramping up our service team to provide you with the best support possible if you need help.
We wanted to give you advance notice of these changes so you’re prepared for them when they occur. Please take the time to review the settings on your devices and clients and update your incoming and outgoing server names as follows:
- Incoming Server (POP/IMAP): mail.pld.com
- Outgoing Server (SMTP): smtp.pld.com
For additional assistance with updating your email settings please call our 24 hour Technical Support Team at (620) 356-4638. We will send more detailed information over the coming weeks. You can also tune into Channel 9 and our Facebook page for more updates. Thank you for being a loyal customer and please let us know if you have any questions. Pioneer Communications (620) 356-4638